GENERAL JOB SUMMARY
Provide concentrated, home-based, family-focused, therapeutic interventions to families who have one or more children at risk of out-of-home placement.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with the assigned referring county agency (e.g. Departments of Social Services, Department of Juvenile Justice, local mental health programs) and county resource groups and programs.
- Receive and determine appropriateness of referrals of children and families.
- Construct service plan oriented to therapeutic, skill development, and concrete service goals and objectives in cooperation with the client-family and referring agency.
- Provide therapeutic interventions to empower families to achieve the agreed upon goals.
- Maintain 24-hour, 7 day-a-week availability to client/families. Arrange job coverage when off-duty.
- Work cooperatively with clients, families and referring agency to fulfill concrete and other service needs, drawing upon church, community and Methodist Home for Children resources.
- Maintain a minimum caseload adherent to state/county contracts.
- Provide home-based, family focused services for an average of fifteen (15) weeks, not to exceed eighteen (18) weeks.
- Complete all required case documentation, reimbursements, monthly time sheet, etc., and submit them to the assigned supervisor at the designated time.
- Participate in program evaluation, follow-up on families served, and outcomes of therapeutic interventions used with their client families.
- Comply with all legal, ethical, and professional guidelines associated with Agency and certification organizations’ clinical practices. Employ applicable confidentiality guidelines relative to families served.
- Provide case consultation services to referring agencies regarding families that are not appropriate for family preservation services or who cannot be served because of a full caseload.
- Perform other related duties as assigned designated supervisor.
Knowledge and Experience
Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in social work, marriage and family therapy, or other appropriate behavioral science, mental health or theological degree.
Two (2) years of experience in full time social work, counseling or other relevant human services program, under the supervision of a qualified professional.
- Must maintain a valid Driver’s License and an acceptable driving record.
- Must be insurable by Methodist Home for Children’s insurance carrier.
- Must be able to handle occasional high pressure and high stress as might be associated with project time lines.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule and shifts including overnights, weekends, holidays, and extended periods of time.
- Computer literacy and organizational skills are essential.
- Demonstrate excellence in working with multi-problem families
- Demonstrate a clear ability to manage administrative duties
- Demonstrate the ability to clinically supervise others using family crisis intervention, marital and family therapy modalities and family systems theory.
- Must provide a negative drug screen result prior to employment.
- Must pass a post-employment physical and TB test and on-going physical assessments as required.
- Have the ability to perform physical demands associated with daily operational functions, such as standing, bending, and lifting.
- Have the ability to comprehend and produce accurate program documentation, including, but not limited to, client documentation and community correspondence.
- Have the ability to communicate professionally in both verbal and written formats with consumers, including, but not limited to, clients, colleagues, and community service providers.
- Have the ability to participate in frequent travel.
- Have the physical ability to traverse stairs in all types of buildings and neighborhoods.
- Have the ability to participate in physical activities with children and family members related to service delivery activities.
- Have the ability to drive for agency related events during the day or night.
- Regular attendance at primary worksite and agency related events.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled