ALUMNI

Methodist Home for Children has a strong community of “brothers and sisters” who lived together on campus after the first building opened in 1901. Children stopped living on the property after a 1979 decision to sell the land and expand into community-based programs. Since then, the children have lived in group homes or foster homes.

The campus alumni return for reunions each year at MHC headquarters, still located on a portion of the original orphanage property, and they share their memories in Spotlight magazine.

» Read a News & Observer article about alumni and their Easter reunion.