On behalf of those we serve, THANK YOU for participating in Methodist Home for Children’s 1K for 1Kid initiative!
1K for 1Kid instructions
- Decide on your goal — If less than “1 K,” simply mark on each poster the level you want your church members to reach. (For instance, each unit of a 2-point charge can raise $500, but together you are caring for one child for one year!)
- Pick your campaign ending date and mark that prominently on each poster
- Place your posters at strategic places around the church
- Enlist the support of your UMM, Sunday school, youth, seniors and other groups in the church – dividing your goal into pieces makes the campaign work easier!
- Copy the bulletin insert for distribution with Sunday programs; copies for coloring can also be used at age-appropriate children’s Sunday school classes
- Share news of the “1 K” campaign at “mission moments” during service and at Sunday school classes and other meetings
- Invite members to watch the enclosed DVD to help them learn more about MHC and its ministry to children, youth and families
- As funds are collected, mark progress on the thermometer on each poster!
Tips to help raise “1K”
- 1K Walk and VBS Mission Focus
- “Pennies for Jesus” collection
- 5th Sunday collection
- Fish fry or spaghetti dinner
- Ham biscuit breakfast
- Yard sale, car wash or bake sale
What MHC can do to help you!
- MHC can supply a speaker for your church service or church meeting. Email your request to [email protected] or call 888.305.4321 ext. 305.
- We can answer questions you may have about this campaign. To contact your MHC district representative, refer to the following contact information:
Regina Hawse (Wilmington, Rockingham) [email protected]
Peter MacBeth (Burlington, Goldsboro, New Bern) [email protected]
Donna Tate (Raleigh, Durham, Sanford, Fayetteville) [email protected]
Cindy Tripp (Elizabeth City, Greenville, Rocky Mount) [email protected]