- This event has passed.
September 26, 2019 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Tour | North Hills Home, Raleigh
Tour our transitional living home for girls
North Hills Transitional Living is a 6- to 12-month program that helps court-involved girls build the skills they need to live independently. Statistically, these teens are at high risk of failing without intervention.
We help them:
- earn a GED or high school diploma
- identify career aspirations and goals
- explore college or vocational studies that fit their goals
- volunteer in the community
- find and maintain a job
- learn independent living skills: how to budget, meal plan, create a resumé, interview for jobs, negotiate salary, manage a cell phone, earn a driver’s license, open a bank account
- build a portfolio of community-based resources that can help when they move out on their own.
Tours are usually available on the last Thursday of each month. Contact Donna Tate at [email protected] or 919.754.3621 to schedule.