GENERAL JOB SUMMARY
This is a home-based position serving youth and families in and around Raleigh, NC.
Ensure appropriate service provision for the identified needs of clients being served in agency foster and/or therapeutic foster families and in accordance with their service plans. Provide family-centered support and interventions for the assigned youth and foster and/or therapeutic foster families. Find permanent homes that best meet client needs in the shortest possible time and with the least amount of additional moves and losses possible.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- On-going assessment of strengths and needs of client, foster and/or therapeutic foster family, and family of origin with the cooperation and involvement of referring agency.
- Provide family-centered interventions to empower families to achieve agreed upon goals.
- Work cooperatively with client, foster and/or therapeutic foster family, and family of origin to fulfill service needs drawing upon church, community, and MHC services resources.
- Maintain an as-needed availability status to client families (24-hour on call responsibilities with back-up available).
- Advocate for client’s needs within Methodist Home for Children service system, as well as other service systems.
- Coordinate service delivery with other agencies involved with the client, e.g., schools, mental health, juvenile court, DSS, etc.
- Participate in pre-service and in-service training for foster and therapeutic parents and staff.
- Adhere to all licensing standards and mental health standards.
- Provide detailed, routine, and quality documentation of planning and service activities to assigned foster and therapeutic foster homes and on behalf of clients residing in assigned foster homes, including oversight of the accuracy, timeliness, and quality of Medicaid treatment notes prepared by therapeutic foster families.
- Participate in regular review, update and monitoring of client service plan.
- Limited provision of “wrap-around” services (home and community-based services, one-on-one client services, based on client’s individualized service plan).
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor.
Knowledge and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in human services or related field from an accredited college or university.
Minimum of two (2) years post-graduate experience in program implementation and service delivery in human services; experience working with child and family issues preferred.
- Must maintain a valid Driver’s License and an acceptable driving record.
- Must be insurable by Methodist Home for Children’s insurance carrier.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends, and holidays.
- Must successfully complete all phases of pre-service and on-going training, including, but not limited to, physical restraint training, First Aid, CPR, Universal Precautions, and medication administration.
- Must be able to work in occasionally high pressure, high stress environment.
- Must be able to provide 24-hour on call supervision.
- Possible exposure to infectious diseases.
- Must provide a negative drug screen result prior to employment.
- Must pass a post-employment physical and TB test and on-going physical assessments as required.
- Have the ability to perform physical demands associated with daily operational functions and client interactions, such as walking, standing, bending, and lifting.
- Have the ability to comprehend and produce accurate program documentation, including, but not limited to, foster parent and adoptive parent documentation, client documentation, and community correspondence.
- Have the ability to communicate professionally in both verbal and written formats with consumers, including, but not limited to, parents, colleagues, and community service providers.
- Have the ability to provide on-going visual and physical proximity observation of clients and adoptive families.
- Have the ability to participate in extensive travel.
- Have the ability to drive for agency related events during the day or night.
- Regular attendance at primary worksite and agency related events.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled